Announcement

REXYGEN forum has been moved. This one is closed.
Head over to the new REXYGEN Community Forum at https://forum.rexygen.com.

Looking forward to meeting you there!

#1 2015-11-18 14:16:34

hendrik

Alarm window in Inkscape

Hi,

can you create a basic interactive popup screen, using inkscape? this is mainly for any alarms. I usually use "control led" to indicate if there is an alarm but it would be nice to have more information when there is an alarm. I noticed there is an option to use custom html but I am also looking to use python tkinter but not sure if it will work with rex/ inkscape.

#2 2015-11-19 09:59:17

scoobsalamander

Re: Alarm window in Inkscape

A popup window would be very nice. It would also be practical to use as some kind of a faceplate.

For example : if you click on a pump symbol a popup will come up where you can see (and change) the status (running hours, start conditions, running conditions, auto/man, speed settings, start/stop cmd buttons, etc....)

Maybe something like a Modal box is possible?

By using tkinter I think you are not working inside the browser but then you'll need to run additional software in the background, correct?

#3 2015-11-19 22:51:35

hendrik

I not familiar with Modal box and will investigate further. Tkinter will not work inside the browser and as you mentioned it will run in the back ground........it is also a lengthy process.

#4 2015-11-23 02:23:18

jaroslav_sobota
Administrator

You can use "Group Animation", namely the Opacity animation. Create the alarm box and other elements which you want to show in the case af an alarm, group all the elements together and apply the Opacity animation. Remember to include e.g. a pushbutton to reset the alarm. The opacity of the alarm box will be controlled by e.g. a RS function block in the control algorithm.

Board footer