Announcement

REXYGEN forum has been moved. This one is closed.
Head over to the new REXYGEN Community Forum at https://forum.rexygen.com.

Looking forward to meeting you there!

#1 2016-03-06 20:50:58

soxso2011

Integration of .trend history file in WebuDi

How to integrate the history fetching from trend in .csv / excel or any other format in the WebuDi. I just want a link in graphics from where I could fetch the history data in .csv/excel format.

#2 2016-03-07 08:54:46

jaroslav_sobota
Administrator

Re: Integration of .trend history file in WebuDi

Thanks for the question! This is not possible in the current version. Exporting data from TRND function block to CSV file is possible only in RexView. Exporting data from web interface is on our to-do list. You'll be informed when it is ready.

Partial solution might be found using the EPC function block but this depends on the application. Can you please provide more information? What data does the trend contain? Is the data continuous (e.g. temperature graph) or one-shot (e.g. step change of setpoint when tuning servo drive)?

#3 2016-03-09 16:21:59

soxso2011

Thanks.

The data is continuous actually. Also what is the maximum no of samples that is possible ?. As far as I understand, the data will be saved to the memory card of the raspberry pi so it will eventually fill up. Do I have to set it to auto archive to an external client computer so that it may be saved for years together ?

#4 2016-03-11 10:46:35

jaroslav_sobota
Administrator

The data of the TRND block is located in RAM, in fact it is a ring buffer. The maximum number of samples is given by the "l" parameter.

Storing data on a permanent medium is also possible, you can use the archiving subsystem of the REX Control System.

If you want to have the data stored externally, you can use the database driver and export the data to e.g. MySQL database.

Board footer