Announcement

REXYGEN forum has been moved. This one is closed.
Head over to the new REXYGEN Community Forum at https://forum.rexygen.com.

Looking forward to meeting you there!

#1 2018-08-27 14:14:11

hubc

HMI - multiple sources: WebWatch, InkScape, RexHMI

Hello there,

is there a simple and convenient way to make multiple HMI interfaces for one project?
Eg. I would like to have an access for auto-generated WebWatch witch is very useful, and at the same time work on InkScape project (rexygen hmi designer).

To be honest i didn't tried it, but I suppose that, when I copy files generated by Inkscape and select to auto gen the WebWatch files it will overwrite inkscape files, right?

Hubert

#2 2018-08-28 10:00:48

tomáš čechura
Administrator

Re: HMI - multiple sources: WebWatch, InkScape, RexHMI

Hello Hubert,

thank you for your question. There is example "0301-07 Multi-page HMI" available via REXYGEN Studio which shows how to combine Inkscape based HMI (.svg) with RexHMI (WebBuDi = .js). In similar way you can combine Inkscape based HMI with WebWatch as you wanted. I recommend you to give it a try and have a look at:

• files inside "hmisrc" directory - naming is important!

• HMI function block setup in REXYGEN Studio - for WebWatch also tick "GenerateWebWatch"

• any .svg file in "hmisrc" directory - read the instructions given at the bottom of the page and investigate how creating links works

• any .js file in "hmisrc" directory

The overwriting can occur only if the Inkscape HMI file names would be the same as .mdl file names (e.g. myproject_task.hmi.svg vs myproject_task.mdl) - but I see no point in mixing the names in this way wink

If you run into any troubles, let me know.

Regards, Tomas

Board footer