Announcement

REXYGEN forum has been moved. This one is closed.
Head over to the new REXYGEN Community Forum at https://forum.rexygen.com.

Looking forward to meeting you there!

#1 2016-10-11 17:13:35

uxhamby

Read i/p from Hex Keypad?

Hi,

Is there a (set of) function block(s) intended for, or particularly suited to, reading input from a hex keypad, or am I best to just go old school and use 4 i/p and 4 o/p lines?

Thanks,

Brian H.

#2 2016-10-12 13:13:17

tomáš čechura
Administrator

Re: Read i/p from Hex Keypad?

Hi Brian,

in REX Control System there isn't any specific function block for reading input from a hex keypad.
However, you can use:

• User programmable function block REXLANG - REXLANG documentation
    or

• external script (e.g. written in python)

If you require any further information, feel free to contact me.

Regards, Tomas

#3 2016-10-14 18:56:51

uxhamby

Ok so I am looking at RexLang and the 'connect' example provided. The example RexDraw looks incomplete. When I try to compile the example however, I get an error stream as per the attached .jpg file.

Where am I going wrong?

I uploaded a file called CompileError.jpg here and it appeared to upload but I have no idea where it went. If you can't find it, I also posted it to a bit of my web space at:

CompileError.JPG

BTW, iI couldn't see how to cut and paste text from the compile window. Did I miss it or is it actually not possible? Seems like a desirable feature.

Thanks,

Brian H.

#4 2016-10-17 07:04:41

tomáš čechura
Administrator

Hello Brian,

please, what example exactly do you use? Can you upload all your project files so I can have a look at it?
From the log file you posted I can see that you are using Rex version 2.10.7 however it seems that you added some functionality from newer BETA version (e.g. Display block).

The picture you uploaded should be visible in your "Uploads" - there is a link just below the reply window. It opens separate window.

You are right, Brian. In the current version there is no way ho to copy / paste text from the compile log file. However I can assure you that this feature is already implemented and will be released soon with the new REX version.

Regards, Tomas

Board footer